- Years in business: Since 1975
- Services: Civil Earthworks Construction, Cleanup/Reclamation, Road/Lease Maintenance
- Safety: ISN, ComplyWorks, COR Certified
- Offices: Barrhead, Whitecourt, Lac la Biche, Grande Prairie, AB
SURPASSING SERVICE & SAFETY EXPECTATIONS
Stuber’s Cat Service is a private, Metis owned and operated company with a 40 year history serving North/Central and Northern Alberta. We offer 24 hour service with a large fleet of heavy equipment and skilled operators for oilfield earthworks construction & reclamation.
Unlike many of today’s large contractors that have expanded their business into civil infrastructure scopes of work…Stuber’s remains strictly focussed on what we do best: oilfield earthworks services.
We feel that our experienced personnel and safe, high quality service provides value for project owners. We have grown the business and built our reputation based on respect, satisfaction, and appreciation from field representatives and head office energy owners that we have had the pleasure to work with.
Our dedicated team of office, management, safety, and operational personnel are ready for the challenge to complete quality projects safely, on schedule, and on budget.
STUBER’S CAT SERVICE IS PARTNERED WITH:
- Alberta Construction Safety Association (ACSA)
- Alberta Roadbuilders & Heavy Construction Association (arhca)
- Partnerships in Injury Reduction
- Open Invoice (e-invoicing)
- Cortex Business Solutions Inc. (e-invoicing)
- SAP Ariba (cloud procurement/finance platform)
- Alberta Purchasing Connection (APC)
The mission of Stuber’s Cat Service is and always will be to “surpass service and safety expectations” with all of our customers.
ABOUT STUBER’S CAT SERVICE
After 40+ years, Stuber’s Cat Service remains a privately owned company specializing in oilfield civil earthworks construction and reclamation. Our Corporate base is located in Barrhead, Alberta with Regional (Oil Sands) office in Lac La Biche, Alberta.
Mike Stuber (President/CEO) purchased his first piece of equipment from his father in 1975 and incorporated the company in 1980. Mike grew operations significantly, performing high quality work for many operators throughout Barrhead, Grande Prairie, Athabasca, Westlock, and surrounding areas.
Delphi Stuber is Office/Finance Manager and Safety Director of the company. She manages all administration services for the business.
Their son; Trevor Stuber (VP Operations), joined the company in 1997 and has been instrumental in the continued growth of the business.
The Lac La Biche office has provided a base for local projects in Conklin and Cold Lake In-situ Oil Sands areas, as well as conventional operations throughout NE Alberta.
As a Metis owned and operated company, we believe in taking pride in our heritage, maintaining our relationship with the land, and respecting traditional harvesting practices.
SERVICES THAT STUBER’S OFFERS
Stuber’s Cat Service is a leading provider of Civil Construction, Maintenance, and Reclamation services for conventional oil/gas operations and in-situ Oil Sands projects in the north-central & northeast regions of Alberta.
Stuber’s conducts all work in accordance with project owner design specifications, government safety/environmental regulations, and project approval requirements. We strive to be environment and safety stewards during all of our operations.
Stuber’s management has over 40 years’ experience providing these civil construction and maintenance services:
CIVIL EARTHWORKS/LEASE CONSTRUCTION
- Winter/muskeg (minimum disturbance) construction
- Lease/Pad/CPF clearing
- Timber salvage
- Construction surveying layout for project start
- Pipeline corridor clearing & earthworks (if required)
- Topsoil stripping and placement
- Culvert installation
- Geosynthetics installation
- Drainage systems installation
- GPS/grade control machinery & trained operators
- Construction/Grade to engineering design specs
- Plant site and borrow pit development
- Intermediate site cleanup after D&C/Facilities construction (preparation for production operations group)
- Progressive reclamation on large development sites and wellsites
- Final Reclamation for Road/Pad/Lease sites for Asset Retirement Obligations
- Pipeline Right-of-Way Reclamation
- Spill Reclamation
- Reclamation of Riparian Areas
- Erosion Control
- Slope Stabilisation
- Site Re-vegetation
- Vegetation Control/Management
- Road/Pad/Lease maintenance (grading, gravel, sanding truck, culvert install/repair, snow removal, etc,)
- Drilling & Completions support services
- Delivery and placement of aggregate
- Minor earthwork construction services
- Erosion Control
- Slope Stabilisation
- Vegetation Control/Management
- Spill cleanup
ABOUT OUR FLEET OF EQUIPMENT
Stuber’s Cat Service maintains a sizable fleet of newer, low hour machines to effectively provide for several projects simultaneously.
All of our equipment is meticulously maintained by our highly skilled mechanical staff to ensure reliable performance for all clients.
We are constantly adding to and upgrading our fleet to better serve our customer requirements.
CURRENT EQUIPMENT CATEGORIES INCLUDE:
- 470’s, 380’s, 350’s,290’s,250’s,210’s,200’s John Deere Track Hoes- all have thumbs and aux plumbing
- CAT D6N LGP’s
- CAT D6T LGP’s VPAT’s, plus Top Con GPS Grade Control
- CAT D7R XR’s
- CAT D7R LGP’s
- CAT D8R’s and D8T’s (also available D8R LGP’s and D8T LGP’s)
- CAT 627G push/pull Twin Engine Scrapers
- Volvo Articulating Rock Trucks
- CAT14 M Graders
- John Deere 872GP ,772GP and 772CH Six wheel drive Motor Graders
- Compaction Equipment (Cat 815F, CAT 563E, pull packers)
- Small dozers
- Mini Track Hoes
- Tracked Skid steer
- Trucking/hauling Equipment
- Tandem Water Trucks
- Reclamation & Remediation Equipment
- Misc. support equipment (attachments, tractors, snowmobile/ATV, crew trucks, sanding truck, light towers, etc)
OUR COMMITMENT TO SAFETY
Stuber’s Cat Service Ltd is a proud member of Partnerships in Injury Reduction, Comply Works, ISNetworld, and maintains a Certificate of Recognition (COR) through the Alberta Construction Safety Association.
Stuber’s Cat Service prides itself on having high level safety and environmental standards that are a priority throughout the company. From executive personnel, management staff, and dedicated safety representatives; to front-line workers…. our safety performance, environmental stewardship, quality workmanship, and value to project owner remains in focus.
Stuber’s staff provides year round training from initial orientation of all employees to industry specific courses.
EXAMPLES OF TRAINING COURSES PROVIDED ARE
- First Aid
- H2S Alive
- Ground Disturbance Level II
- Construction Safety Training System (CSTS)
- Confined Space
- Hazard Assessment Training
Stuber and Sucker Creek First Nations have a Partnership to put First Nations to work and create revenue for the Band. Sucker Creek is 100% Metis owned and are located around Grande Prairie,Fox Creek and Slave Lake and are Treaty 8.